28 March 2014 – Agilent introduced its Infiniium Z-Series oscilloscopes, which can be synchronized to measure up to 40 channels simultaneously with a maximum 63-GHz real-time oscilloscope bandwidth (on up to 10 oscilloscopes). With industry-leading noise and jitter measurement floors, the new oscilloscopes enable engineers to effectively test devices that incorporate the newest technologies and achieve new performance milestones.
The Z-Series includes 10 models ranging from 20 to 63 GHz, all of which are bandwidth-upgradable to 63 GHz. The Z-Series also features significantly faster processing and a next-generation user interface.
“The Z-Series further solidifies Agilent’s leadership in the high-end oscilloscope market,” said Jay Alexander, vice president and general manager of Agilent’s Oscilloscope and Protocol Division. “With its processing power and new user interface, the new series helps engineers bring products using emerging technologies to market significantly faster. Several Z-Series oscilloscopes have already been deployed around the world and are now the go-to instrument in those laboratories.”
Key capabilities include:
- Sufficient bandwidth to capture the third harmonic on 28-, 32- and 40-Gbps digital signals;
- Next-generation user interface to analyze emerging technologies, including spatial modulation;
- Optional synchronization port to measure up to 40 channels simultaneously;
- Capacitive touch screen and touch-screen-friendly controls to improve the user experience; and
- USB 3.0 offload speeds, making it significantly faster to offload and analyze data.
The Z-Series leverages key technologies used in the 90000 Q-Series oscilloscopes. They include RealEdge technology, which comprises a combination of Agilent-proprietary architectures, next-generation microcircuits/thin-film components, and advanced application of Agilent’s indium phosphide semiconductor process. RealEdge enables high-frequency capability while maintaining lowest noise and jitter measurement floors (75 fs).
Customers who have previously purchased the 90000 Q-Series can upgrade their units to Z-Series performance by ordering the N2105A and N2109A upgrade kits.